The Government is committed to the implementation of policy priorities spelled out in the “Priorities and Action Agenda 2006-2015” (PAA). The 2011 PAA review incorporated new priorities such as Gender and women, and climate change and disaster risk reduction. The following priorities remain as government policy objectives:
- Macroeconomic stability and equitable growth
- Private sector development and employment creation
- Good governance and public sector reform
- Primary sector development and the environment
- Provision of basic services and strengthening social development
- Education and human resource development
- Ensure provision of adequate and Improved Infrastructure and utilities.
This Annual Development Report (ADR) 2011 is the fourth of the annual series of reporting. The report provides an annual assessment on progress made on the implementation of national development priority within the seven broad policy objectives of the government.
This report, among other things, also summarises policies, programs and activities which contributed significantly to achieving Government objectives or the monitoring and evaluation of these. This year's report focuses on the impact of the Malaria Intensified Program on Annual Parasitic Incidence in Vanuatu.